Numbers
Majora’s mask
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xenogears
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
For less than $25 bucks in an online store or ebay, you’d be crazy to blow off these deals. Arguably, Majora’s mask is the shortest game and offers the least amount of replay value and it’d still take a good 20 hours to finish the game.
Why spend $60-$80 on a newly released game that may be awful (Xenosaga) or mediocre (Tekken 4) when you know these good and reliable games are available for less than $25.
Note: I’m assuming that you haven’t played these games.
FAQ
Q: So Ed, why haven’t you taken advantage of these deals?
A: Well gee, I have at one time owned or still own all of these games. And aside from Castlevania, I’ve completed them all. This is my current buying strategy although sometimes I can’t resist and end up buying a newly released game (ie, Fight Night Round 2)
Q: Any particular reason why these specific games were chosen?
A: I owned or still own these games. And for some reason, I felt that these games slipped through the cracks and never got the recognition that they deserved.
Q: How come you didn’t include any pre 32/64 bit era games?
A: Because you can download the ROMs.
Fuck Nintendo’s stance on ROMs. These pre 32/64 bit game cartridges are no longer in production, so you’d have to buy a used copy from a third party (ie, someone on ebay). Either way, Nintendo doesn’t get a dime, but they claim it hurts their bottom line (bullshit, they don’t get
a dime either way). It’s these types of idiotic, draconian policies that
1) Gave the Sega Genesis an early 55% market share lead over the SNES.
2) Relegated the N64 to second place behind the PS one (Cartridges over CDs. What a horrible idea.)
3) Relegated the Gamecube (it looks like a kid’s lunchbox) to third place behind the PS2 and Xbox.
Q: Why don’t you simplify your game purchasing plans by simply buying World of Warcraft?
A: I’ve already had an Evercrack addiction. Don’t want to go back.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home