Day 2: Chicago
Great architecture. Thanks great fire of 1871!.
Mr beef
Italian Beef.
I don’t get the hype. It’s a soggy philly cheesesteak without the cheese.
Random coffee shop
Italian Ice.
Fruitier than a snow cone.
Lengua (beef tongue) taco. $1.72.
Tastes like regular beef, but a bit saltier. Great value.
Chircharron (fried pork rinds).
I don’t know why I bought half a pound of this as I got tired of it after a few bites.
Random places
Flan.
The pizza puff was like a mini calzone. Oh wait, I don’t think I’ve ever had a calzone in my life, so I’ll say it’s a tastier pillsberry pizza pop with more meat.
I decided to visit Silver Palm as Anthony Bourdain declared “3 Little Pigs the greatest sandwich in America”.
Three little pigs sandwich: smoked ham, breaded pork cutlet, 2 strips of bacon and 2 fried eggs blanketed in a thick coat of gruyere all on a brioche bun.
Unfortunately, the restaurant was closed on Mondays and by the time it opened on Tuesday, I needed to be at the airport. It was not my day.
Did I ever mention that things involving eyes freak me out? Probably something to do with how eyes are inherently weak and vulnerable.
Berghoff
This restaurant was notable for being the first one to acquire a liquor license after prohibition was repealed.
Yogurt Couture
Peanut & Jelly yogurt with yogurt chips, peanut butter cookie bits and almond slivers.
I couldn’t taste the peanut & jelly flavor, but it was still really good.
The Chicago river from the magnificent mile. My gawd. Most of my photos were brutal.
Steps – 13,253
Distance – 11.43 km

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home