Antivir / Thunderbird
Antivirus
Norton antivirus sucks people.
There are 2 possible ways of obtaining Norton.
- Waste time downloading it
- Waste money buying it
Rinse, lather and repeat once a year. All the while, Norton is consuming an insane amount of system resources.
Or you could download AntiVir Personal Edition 6.27
It’s a free 3 Mb download, only takes up 10 Mb of resources and works damn fine. The only awful thing is no auto update for the frequent updates.
RSS reader
I don’t know how everyone else reads blogs, but personally I use a RSS reader such as Thunderbird.
It instantly notifies you of any new updates without clogging up your email. It’s also free and easy to set-up.
How easy is it exactly? I don’t even have to explain it! Look at these pictures
The feed url will look something like this:
http://dickolaswang.blogspot.com/atom.xml
http://www.xanga.com/rss.aspx?user=goc
If someone has a better RSS reader or whatever, let me know already. However, since thunderbird doubles as my gmail email reader, I’m reluctant to switch (Gmail - hey, it has free POP access …although no one knows about my gmail account edwardochung@gmail.com).



1 Comments:
Or you could get Sophos ( www.download.ubc.ca) which is also free if you have a UBC CWL account.
Just because I'm offering you advice doesn't mean I like you.
By
Jowen, at 7/19/2005 12:47:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home