The Special Ed Mix

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 5: Boston (2)

The end of the Sam Adams Brewery tour where free samples of boston lager, summertime ale and fezziwig ale were served. Each person was also given a free Sam Adams glass.


Border Café @ Havard Square.

Chili con queso. A bit too runny and not cheesy enough.

Corn and black bean empanadas. Good and filling. I had a major case of the –itis and I had to get the rice, beans and 2 empanadas to go.


Yucatan Plantains with Chipotle lime dipping sauce. Really good sauce.


Totoro doll $17.95.

At the time, I thought it was $8 too much, but looking back I should of just bought the damn thing.

It was $9 to enter the Havard Art Museum and I balked. I ended up going to the washroom 1 floor below the ground floor. I then noticed that there was an elevator that took me past the entrance desk and into the museum, so I took advantage. Eventually some security noticed my book bag and asked me why I hadn’t checked my bag in and I made some excuse and left the museum before I aroused any more suspicion.

I just missed some new student orientation. This place is so much nicer than War memorial.

Le’s

Che ba mau.


Vietnamese Iced Coffee. Pho.


Good pho. The drinks were good, but a bit too much ice.


Mr Bartley’s Burger Cottage.

Orange creamsicle shake.

Onion rings.


A sign at the restaurant said they had won some kind of reward for their onion rings. Obviously they must’ve of paid off the judges, because these rings were terri-bad. I literally almost gave it to a bottle collecting hobo, but he might’ve found that insulting. I ended up throwing most of it away.

Wacky buildings at MIT.


Legal Sea Foods.

Clam chowder.

Mussels

The mussels were pretty good. The soup wasn’t notable.

On my way back to the hostel, I walked by a theater and decided to check out The Expendables. It's alright if you have realistic expectations (ie, big explosions, spectacular gory deaths, minimal plot): 7/10.


Steps - 17,716

Distance – 15.29 km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home