The Special Ed Mix

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Best of You



“Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?”



Part 1

Ask someone to run a lap around the track.
Ask them to give it their humanly all in this run.
Ask them afterwards whether they actually gave it their humanly all.


Most people would say “Yes. I sure golly did. I gave it 110%”


Then again, most people are idiots.


Part 2

Ask someone to run a lap around the track again a few days later.
But this time, point a gun at their spouse, parents, family or friends.


“Ok. If you don’t run faster this time, I’m going to blow open their skull”


Most people would run a bit faster if not much faster.
Most people think they’re giving it all, but in reality, they aren’t even close.
Most people think 110% effort is some kind of light switch that they can flick on whenever they want to.


It’s not.


Notable pussies

My second longboat team (2004). They must be real proud of their half ass effort in the final.

A certain ping pong player. You know it.


Notable non-pussies

Victor “My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children” Ho. 3 words: Storm the wall.





I EAT CHILDREN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home