The Special Ed Mix

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 11: NYC (4)

Shake shack @ Madison square park

11 am opening time. A much more manageable line up. When you place an order, they give a vibrator much like the ones you get at the doctor’s office.

IMG_4091_Medium.jpg (74 KB)

Double shack burger, fries and a hopscotch (frozen custard with hot caramel sauce, chocolate toffee and chocolate chunks)

IMG_4092_Medium.jpg (78 KB) IMG_4093_Medium.jpg (75 KB) IMG_4097_Medium.jpg (100 KB)

One of the best burgers I’ve ever had. Fries were standard while the custard was just OK and a bit overpriced for $6.

The Brooklyn bridge

IMG_4211_Medium.jpg (167 KB)

Man hawking water on the bridge

IMG_4124_Medium.jpg (78 KB)

Sweet refreshments after walking the bridge

IMG_4215_Medium.jpg (58 KB)

St. Ann and the Holy Trinity Church

The church possesses the first figural stained-glass windows made in the United States so I guess that’s why it was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987

IMG_4220_Medium.jpg (137 KB)


Les Halles

Foie Gras

IMG_4223_Medium.jpg (89 KB)

First time. This was really good.

Steak Tartare et pomme frites

IMG_4225_Medium.jpg (107 KB)

The fries were better than average. Steak tartare tasted like I imagined. I don’t really understand the appeal given the higher risk of E.coli and salmonella.

The stomach was about to explode after this meal.

City hall

IMG_4226_Medium.jpg (133 KB)

Inside St Paul’s chapel (oldest surviving church building in the city). This location served as a place of rest and refuge for recovery workers at the WTC site

IMG_4229_Medium.jpg (116 KB)

Cemetary adjacent to Trinity Church. Alexander Hamilton (aka Mr $10 bill) is buried here. Why didn't I take a picture of the grave? I forget why now.

IMG_4236_Medium.jpg (122 KB)

The Charging Bull

IMG_4242_Medium.jpg (157 KB)

The Charging Bull’s nutsack

IMG_4244_Medium.jpg (79 KB)

The sphere. Formerly part of the WTC plaza after luckily surviving 9/11.

IMG_4247_Medium.jpg (104 KB)

Financier

Blueberry peach diplomat with coffee.

IMG_4271_Medium.jpg (103 KB)

If this only tasted as good as it looked. Nothing spectacular.


Federal hall or as I call “The cool climax of Metal Gear Solid 2 that was soured badly by the 30 min penultimate cutscenes”

IMG_4273_Medium.jpg (83 KB)

The New York Stock Exchange

IMG_4278_Medium.jpg (149 KB)

The NYSE is actually on Broad Street instead of Wall street. I’m sure this will win you a future bet.


Construction at WTC

IMG_4295_Medium.jpg (88 KB)


Chinatown ice cream factory

Scoop of taro and red bean flavor. I could taste the taro. Couldn’t say the same about the red bean.

IMG_4314_Medium.jpg (82 KB)

Gray’s Papaya

2 hot dogs and 14oz (414 mL) papaya drink.

IMG_4321_Medium.jpg (96 KB)

All for the grand total of $2.45

The hot dogs were solid and the papaya was sweet, cold and refreshing. Best deal ever.


Just half a block down the street….

White Castle

2 hamburgers @ 69 cents each.

IMG_4325_Medium.jpg (76 KB)

I can see why Harold and Kumar were so desperate to come here. Good stoner food. I could’ve easily had 20 of these.

Comedy club near Times Square

IMG_4331_Medium.jpg (91 KB)

The 3 comic 90 minute set was not bad. I think the two (intoxicated?) black chicks at a nearby table must’ve had an uninterrupted supply of laughing gas.


Flor de Mayo

IMG_4336_Medium.jpg (113 KB)

According to the guidebook, this was a “Chino-Latino” hybrid restaurant (Chinese and Hispanic).

Dominican chicken with rice.

Average taste. Decent quantity.


Steps - 10,472

Distance – 19.15 km


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home