Jerry Springer Rejects
Imagine an off and on again couple. Here are the highlights of their relationship:
- They had a child together. The guy had a kid from a previous marriage
- They went out for a year before breaking up. The driving force in the break up was the guy’s intense jealousy.
- They managed to drag their close friends into their messy break up.
- The girl was a factor in the collapse of the guy’s second marriage
- Due to a series of escalating events, the guy and girl ended up getting a quickie marriage. Then a quickie divorce.
- Despite 7 years passing, the guy still exhibits that intense jealousy, but the guy and girl decide to give their relationship another try anyways.
If you saw these 2 people on Jerry Springer, you’d say “Give it up you trailer park trash!”
But if you saw this on Friends, you’d say “Awww, they were meant to be”
Yup, I’m talking about Ross and Rachel.
Those statements are undeniable facts. Don’t believe me about the 7 years jealousy statement? Watch “The One With Princess Consuela” again. Watch Ross when Rachel mentioned that she went to lunch with Mark.
“Ross: I hate Mark!
Ross: (angrily to Rachel) Oh, yeah, I'm sure he'll give you a job, maybe as his SEX-cretary!”
What really aggravates me is that this faux couple continually stole thunder from the real loving couple in Friends: Monica and
Friends spoilers ahead but a) you’ve seen the show or b) you don’t give a shit
Chandler & Monica
In season 5, the relationship blossoms and culminates in a near marriage in “The One in Vegas”
Ross & Rachel
Who cares about C&M, R&R just got married in a drunken binge!
Chandler & Monica
In season 7, they finally got married
Ross & Rachel
Who cares about C&M, Rachel is going have a baby!
Chandler & Monica
In season 10, they worked their asses off to adopt a child
Ross & Rachel
Who cares about C&M, when are R&R going to get back together?
Remember
On Jerry Springer, they’d be trailer park trash
On Friends, they’d be a couple that was meant to be
Am I the only one who isn’t surprised by the 37% divorce rate?

2 Comments:
I'm surprised. Thought it would be higher. Convincing argument... though.. not like I watched friends..
By
Anonymous, at 4/17/2005 10:39:00 PM
well that's just the rate in canada.
It's probably higher in the states, but I haven't found the american equivalent of statscan.
The other divorce numbers i found varied between 40-65%
By
Edward, at 4/17/2005 11:10:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home